Thursday, July 3, 2014

Record Shopping Gold!!

Well,how about this?

Yesterday,I was broke...I mean BROKE!....my bankcard was rejected after I tried to buy a soda in a vending machine!....I had but 10 bucks on me,to my name till weeks end....

So of course I was browsing craigslist!...haha!.....anyway,I saw an ad for a moving sale that listed a bunch of items,including one for "bag of old records - 10 dollars"...the address was only a couple of blocks from my apartment,so I figured "what the hell?"....in the blurry picture included I thought I saw a Fats Domino 78rpm in there so I figured it was worth a look....

WOW!

Not only was there a Fats Domino (2,actually...this one and Blue Monday),but a Little Richard...and not one,not two,but THREE original Sun 78s!....including....drum roll please.....ELVIS PRESLEY's FIRST RELEASED RECORD!!!!

this is by a country mile the best record pick Ive ever lucked into....and the best part is the wife & I have tickets to the Chicago leg of Antiques Roadshow in a few weeks...Im bringing them!...maybe I'll get on TV!...






1 comment:

  1. Sweet find! Dig the Johnny Cash, too. Good thing you kept your eyes wide open...

    ReplyDelete